The Bangalore School is promoted by Ms. Usha Iyer and she is the Director of the school. She trains teachers and places them in K 12 schools. She is an M.A, Med. and I.E. LT trained in Dubai
She is an educational consultant for CBSE, ICSE and IGCSE schools situated in Bangalore and Hyderabad. She has own consultancy called K12consultants.com.She recruits for top international school. She helps convening national conferences
Ms. Usha Mohan has had a rich career in the education field for last 31 years.
- Director, The Bangalore School
Usha Iyer has been the founder Principal of India International School, Bangalore for ten years. At India International School, Ms. Iyer has been running ICSE and IGCSE curriculum. She started the Cambridge International Examination programme in I.I.S and piloted India studies at India International School. Additionally, Ms. Mohan was pioneer in setting up the language lab in IIS. She was responsible for getting the IB candidacy for IIS in 2012
She was hired as a consultant for setting BRS School of Excellence at Kasvanahalli in 2007 and has been a freelance recruitment consultant setting up K-12 schools since then.
She was the Head Teacher at Kemsons International School, Nigeria from December 1996 to December 1999.
..She was trained in IELT in Dubai and held a workshop in International School, Jeddah in 1995 where she headed the English department. Her expertise lies in framing curriculum, designing infrastructure of preschools and K-12 schools.
- She has set up BRS school of Excellence
- She was a consultant and on the advisory board of Global City International School, Bangalore from 2014 and the school has 800 children now because of her strategic planning and action plan used for school.
- She has set up Vahe global Academy at Gunjur (CBSE and IGCSE school) and was their chief consultant for 2014-15. It is an 8 acre campus with all the state of art infrastructure
- She has set up The Princeton school at HRBR layout in aspan of 3 months.
- She recently finished a turn key project and set up Nalapad Academy near EGL (IGCSE affiliation.) and now with the global Indian school
- She is on the advisory board of several schools.
- She recruits top notch positions for K-12 schools.
There are awards and accolades in succession from 2012
- She has spear headed the Bangalore School since 2012 June and under her leadership the preschool is ranked amongst the top ten preschools in Bangalore by Education world, Number 3 in Bangalore Education today, top 100 preschools of India by Brainfeed and number 1 in India in incorporating Nature in Education by Early child hood education, Mumbai
- She was honored by Indo-Asian Academy in March 2014 at a PUC convocation where she addressed the graduates
- She recently coordinated the preschool panel in a principal’s national conference held by Brain feed magazine in Hyderabad in 2014 and co-hosted a national conference in Jan 2015
- She was recognized by the ICSE council at Delhi and was chosen to be an inspector for affiliating ICSE schools in 2012.
- She facilitated IIS school to get ISA award twice from the British Council
- She is a Resident Ambassador for the Develop Schools Project.
- She was sponsored by the Canadian High Commission for a 2 week trip to Canada in 2011 to visit Eight Canadian Universities.
- It was a privilege as she was one of the eight principals to be chosen all over India to represent India to Canada
- She was felicitated by the Garden City College as the Women Entrepreneur in the field of Education in the year 2010 on International women’s day.
- She was bestowed the Vikas Ratna Shironmani Award in the year 2004 in Mumbai for her contribution in the field of education
- She has presented papers in national and international conferences held in Bangalore and abroad.
- She is part of India on the move
- She has been covered in Asia’s Who’s who as a woman entrepreneur