Experience in teaching : 13 years
Experience in research : 14 years
- Associate Professor and Head, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore
International journals – 17
National journals – 12
Magazines – 12
Chapter in edited books – 5
- Publications (Enclosure – I)
International level – 11
National level – 10
Others – 7
- Book – 2
- High level research papers presented at
Couse Coordinator for the PG MOOCS on Early childhood care and education
- Project ongoing
- Projects completed
- Co-Principal Investigator in the UGC Project “Production of courseware e-content development for PG subjects (e PG Pathshala) in Home Science
- UGC Research Award – entitled The role of Comprehensive School Stress Inoculation Program (CSSIP) in stress management and well-being of school children for the year 2012-14.
- ‘Monitoring and supervision of ICDS scheme at Tamilnadu’ for the year 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-12 sponsored by National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, New Delhi
- Awards Received
- Received the International Young Scientist Award for presenting a paper entitled Effect of School Stress Inoculation Training (SSIT) on stress management and well-being of middle school children in the 2nd International Young Scientist Congress organized by International Science Community Association on 8th and 9th May 2016 at Mother Teresa Post Graduate and Research institute of Health Science, Puducherry.
- UGC Research Award for a period of two years (From March 2012- Feb 2014) for the research entitled ‘The Role of Comprehensive School Stress Inoculation Programme (CSSIP) in stress management and well-being of school children.
- Received the Kusuma Young Researcher Award for the year 2009 with a cash prize of Rs. 2,00,000/- on 22nd January 2010 from Mrs. Manmohan Singh and Mrs. Krishna Tirath, Minster for Women and Child Development. This award instituted by Kusuma Trust, London, United Kingdom.
- Received the Best paper Award for presenting the paper on Life enrichment Education intended for street children in the 10th National seminar on Science of Human Development at St. Justin’s College of Education, Madurai on 17th 2005
- Honors Received
- Featured a TV interview compiled under the title ‘Health status of street children’ as a documentary film telecasted by Asian News International.
- An article of appreciation and the outcome of the research on Health status of street children was published in “The Hindu” on pg. 3 on May 13, 2005.